Personal Information Collection
We endeavor to collect and use your personal information only with your knowledge and consent and typically when you use products and services, make customer enquiries, register for information or other services, request product information, or when you respond to communications from us. The type of personal information we require includes, amongst other things, your name and postal address, date of birth, gender, telephone and fax numbers, email address, and credit / debit card information, lifestyle and other information collected on registration or through surveys. If you choose to provide us with personal information it will be used in support of the intended purposes stated at the time at which it was collected, and subject to any preferences indicated by you.
How We Collect Information
We may also collect personal information through third parties such as:
- Publicly available sources of information.
- Credit Information Bureau
- Via Website Usage, Social Media and marketing tools
A technology called ‘cookies’ may be used to collect aggregate information on the individual pages accessed by users, average time spent on specific pages, identify a user on his/her return etc.
How We Will Use Your Information
- To process your application for our services or facilities (including to check your identity and obtain reports and assess your credit worthiness) and to establish and manage your account or facility and carry out transactions you wish to make.
- For our research and development of new products and services
- For training, quality control and verification purposes (including monitoring and recording your telephone & email communication with us from time to time)
- To communicate ours or third party’s marketing offers to you – when making the offer we will let you know how you may stop receiving any further marketing offers.
How We Store Information
We store personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper based files and other records. We have taken a number of steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use generally accepted technology and security so that we are satisfied that your information is transmitted safely to us through the internet or other electronic means. We will take reasonable steps to securely destroy or permanently de-identify information when we no longer need it.
Also we will take all required steps to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and that we will comply with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements pertaining to retention of personally identifiable information.
When We May Disclosure Your Personal Information
- Where we have contracted an external organization to provide us with support services. This may include but is not limited to processing application or orders, marketing support, deliveries, market research and debt collection. These service providers may be within or outside Sri Lanka.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- Where we suspect that unlawful activity has been or may be engaged in and the personal information is a necessary part of our investigation or reporting of the matter to necessary authorities.
- To our related companies to provide you with products and services you request and to inform you about our other products and services
- To credit reporting agencies in connection with us providing credit to you or recovering from you amounts that you owe under any contract you have with us. We impose strict requirements of security and confidentiality on all third parties as to how they handle personal information. We provide our outside contractors only with information they need to perform their services they are not permitted to use the information for any purpose except to provide the service to us.
- To meet your request for services where we use outsourced personnel
- To anyone else you authorise us to disclose information to, from time to time.